Discover the MAGIC of Golden Milk
Golden Tumeric Milk is an Indian drink that is recent years has become a western staple in many of our local cafes & even supermarket shelves.
What is all the BUZZ about?
Not does it only taste like a hug in a mug, it is also known for it’s many health benefits and often used as alternative remedy to boost immunity and reduce inflammation in the body.
The MAGIC comes from the superhero ingredient – turmeric, which is instantly recognizable by its vibrant yellow colour – hence the Golden factor!
What are it’s Super Powers?
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its strong antioxidant properties. Combine this with cinnamon and ginger, both of which have impressive antioxidant properties as well & you have literally have MAGIC in a mug… perfect for cold winter days.
If that was not impressive enough, this bad boy combination also have potent anti-inflammatory powers that help to reduce inflammation and joint pain.
There is even research suggesting that Curcumin, may help boost your mood & reduce symptoms of depression.
Why not try the MAGIC for yourself?
Join us for one of our cozy Yoga Hygge nights this March.
It makes the perfect bedtime drink, it aids with digestion & has calming properties which both lead to a sounder nights sleep.
It is extremely easy to make at home, so there is no excuse not to give it try…
Golden Turmeric Milk Recipe
Makes two cups:
Two inches of Turmeric Root sliced thinly
Half an inch of sliced Ginger Root
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon Powder
Two cups of Plant Based Milk (480ml) – with like Rude Health
1 tbsp Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup (sweeten to your taste)
- Place the almond milk, turmeric and ginger in a saucepan and gently heat up (be careful not to boil)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon & agave syrup
- Let it cool slightly before placing in a blender / nutribullet & blitz for 30 seconds
- Place a strainer over your saucepan and pour your golden milk through the strainer
- Heat it up & serve immediately
- 13th April 2020
- golden milk, magic drink, night time drink, plenish your body, tumeric latte, turmeric milk, yoga hygge